Re: Allow code in glade callbacks?

--- Ross McFarland <rwmcfa1 neces com> wrote:
that being said this would possible be a good add on
for someone to look
into. come up with a perl module (that would be
rather simple) that read
in it's own xml format (like glade xml, but called
something different.)
it could basically look through the file and pull
out all of the code
putting it in functions with unique names and
replace the code with that
function name. i would prefer something along these
lines if this is
that big a deal.

if the whole point is to have the app in one file,
then just read the
glade xml data from a __DATA__ section.

I did this exact thing! almost. It builds a single XML
file out of a directory tree that contains the glade
xml and perl scripts then using the perl module
Snapper the application os run out of the file. It
only works under Gtk-Perl not Gtk2. I was working on
it quite a bit a year or two ago but I couldn't drum
up much interest and I have sinced moved on to a new
project. I thought it was really cool, it even had an
IDE and app launcher that was a single XML file. It
could pull the application from a URL or __DATA__
section, etc.

If you are interested it is located at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/snapper

-Bill Walz