Gtk2 1.040 (stable)
- From: muppet <scott asofyet org>
- To: gtk-perl list <gtk-perl-list gnome org>
- Subject: Gtk2 1.040 (stable)
- Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:50:22 -0500
Gtk2 is a Perl extension providing Perl bindings to the 2.x series of
the Gtk+ graphical user interface library. This module allows you to
write graphical user interfaces in a perlish and object-oriented way,
freeing you from the casting and memory management in C, yet remaining
very close in spirit to original API. Find out more about Gtk+ at
http://www.gtk.org , and about Gtk2-Perl at
As always, the code is available from our sourceforge project page:
...and from anonymous cvs, tagged rel-1-04-0 in the directory
/gtk2-perl-xs/Gtk2 -- see the project page for more info.
Overview of Changes in 1.040
Since 1.02x (the previous stable series)
* Updated requirements:
- Glib >= 1.040
- ExtUtils::Depends >= 0.2 (required only at build time)
- ExtUtils::PkgConfig >= 1.03 (require only at build time)
* Add support for new objects and API in gtk+-2.4.0.
* Derivation of Gtk2::CellRenderer has been reworked; it's much more
now, but we retain backward compatibility with the 1.02x code.
* It is now possible to implement GInterfaces in Perl code, so you
implement your own Gtk2::TreeModels and Gtk2::CellEditables.
* The SPLICE operation is now supported on Gtk2::SimpleList's tied
* New, standardized versioning API and documentation.
* Documentation enhancements all around.
* Huge test suite expansion and amazing increase in API coverage.
* New utility module Gtk2::TestHelper wraps up some of the boilerplate
involved in testing Gtk2-based modules.
* Test fixes. [Torsten]
* Use INT2PTR to quell cast warnings. [muppet]
* Documentation updates. [all]
* Hide private symbols from ABI. [muppet]
* Add examples/dialog.pl [Ross]
* Assorted bits of code cleanup. [muppet]
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>
] [Thread Prev