Re: A perl/Gtk Newbie

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 06:59, john knops wrote:
Can someone advise a Newbie with his first steps into Perl/Gtk. Are there any
Tutorials other than those at www.gtk.org ? If not where does one turn to
learn the subject?

The main site (http://gtk2-perl.sf.net) is full of info. The only
tutorial there so far is a French one, but the regular C GTK tutorial
will teach you a lot about how GTK works, which will directly apply to
gtk2-perl. I think the best way is just to dive into someone else's code
and figure out what is going on, although you'll want to start with
simple stuff. My program xalbumlist (http://xalbumlist.sf.net) is
particularly simple and might be a good example.

Personally, I learned by doing the above; dig around and try to pretty
much reverse engineer other programs.

However like I said the best starting place is probably the main GTK
tutorial, just so you learn how GTK works.

                    Thanks,
                                      John
--
James Curbo <james teyandei net>