Re: How do I retrieve the 'type' of an object

* muppet <scott asofyet org> [2004-06-07 18:07]:
No, it doesn't. You should simply stick your methods in the
existing base class package. (Ruby calls it mixins and in
Perl6 we will be doing that routinely.)

ugh!  since when is this considered to be a good idea?  i've
always thought of it as a quick and dirty way to get something
to work, but not something you want to use for Real Solutions.

Ever since we found out that inheritance as the only form of
polymorphism is rather suboptimal. :-) To be fair, Perl5 doesn't
really provide the means to do it really right, but then, Perl5
OO, flexible as it may be, is pretty awful anyway.

--
Regards,
Aristotle

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."