Re: piping from external program not working..

On Friday, June 4, 2004, at 03:18 PM, Jan Hudec wrote:

I really wish perl IO descriptors had a 'buffer' method. It would return the internal buffer as a (read-only) string. Then we could have Glib::IO watchers properly generating 'in' event when the perlio descriptor (not the underlying file) have some data to read!

the old gtk-perl used some interesting MAGIC vtable tricks to allow subs to be called whenever a scalar is changed. perhaps we should modify Glib::IO::add_watch() to use a similar mechanism?

--
That's it! It's one thing for a ghost to scare my children, but it's another to play my theremin!
  - Homer Simpson