Re: Maybe Off-Topic: remote Perl Gtk2 via ssh

Richard Dawe wrote:

Hello.

Daniel Kasak wrote:

I'm trying to use ssh's 'forward X11' feature to run a Perl Gtk2 app on the server at work and display it here at home.

[snip]

The program 'test.pl' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
 (Details: serial 61 error_code 3 request_code 38 minor_code 0)

[snip]

Is there any reason why I shouldn't be able to forward Perl Gtk2 apps via ssh? It seems a little strange that I can run some gtk2 apps but not this one.

Are you running ssh on gentoo? If so, try using "ssh -Y" instead of "ssh -X". I think I got similar errors running Evolution over the network. The errors disappeared when I started using the -Y option. I have no idea why this works - the guy at work that recommended it to me didn't know either.

Bye, Rich =]

Yes I am actually.
And yes that fixes it too.
Thanks!