Re: RFC version issues

A. Pagaltzis said:
optionally warning messages could be printed saying not to use
check_version and get_version_info b/c they're almost useless.
(they could be useful if you're trying to work around bugs in
gtk+ so this probably isn't a good idea)

How about using warnings::register and putting these messages
into warnings::warnif()? That way I could say

    no warnings 'gtk2-useless';
    # or
    no warnings 'gtk2-deprecated';
    # or even (to get the typical console messages to shut up)
    no warnings 'gtk2-assert';

An obvious advantage is that using pragma gets us lexical scoping
for the warnings at no extra cost:

great suggestions, if we go this route (which is the most likely at this
point) then this ought to be looked into.

-rm