Re: [RFC] export TRUE and FALSE from someplace

A. Pagaltzis wrote:

* Bjarne Steinsbø <bosteins broadpark no> [2004-01-21 14:24]:
Zero is also false, that is true, but a true boolean expression
in perl returns undef or one, not zero or one.  (Sorry, I can't
help it.  Writing about boolean logic just makes it too easy to
play on words... :-)

Booleans produce an empty string, not undef, for false. That can
easily be produced without hardcoding FALSE by having it be
!TRUE.  As I've already said. :)
I stand corrected.

But the shame of it! Here I've been programming perl since the early 90's, and always thought that boolean operations returned undef for false. Well, I guess I'll live through this one also....

Thanks for setting the records straight.

Bjarne