Re: Gtk2 1.030 (unstable)

On Saturday, January 17, 2004, at 09:05 PM, Thierry Vignaud wrote:

Ross McFarland <rwmcfa1 neces com> writes:

Lots of general clean up. Many small bugfixes (add ornull here, fix a broken call signature there, fix uninitialized variables all over the place, etc).

can we either see a 1.024 release with these fixes or is your roadmap includ a stable 1.03x soon ?

i wouldn't consider those changes worthy of a new release, but i could be wrong. if it is decided to do a release i assume that it will happen next week.

once a week for the stable series is, admittedly, too quick. given the low volume of changes, i would prefer to hold off for another week, just to see if we can dredge up any more bugs.

i would assume that our goal will be to get 1.04x ready to go for the gnome lang bindings release.

this is correct. the hard freeze for the bindings release is in march, and i want to have support for 2.4 and GInterfaces in place and tested to death. anything we can't get sufficiently tested will be pulled and punted. then again, this is binding code, not new application code, so it shouldn't be *that* hard.

ok, so the odds're high that mdk10.0 will be released with 1.02x tree
for glib and gtk2 perl bindings.

mdk cooker will catch 1.04x once mdk10.0 will be out.

erm... how long until 10.0's code freeze? will it include Gnome 2.6? if so, just wait for 1.04x.

there will be some necessary API changes between 1.02x and 1.04x as the GInterface support gets rolled in. i'm right now trying to figure out how to minimize them.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>