Re: Glib::filename_(to|from)_unicode (naming issues)

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 08:13, muppet wrote:

consistency for consistency's sake can be worse than inconsistency.  if
doing it right means being inconsistent, then we need to be
inconsistent --- even if it is just for two functions.  (this
consistency or inconsistency issue also applies in the implementations
of signals, vfuncs, and GInterfaces, but that's a topic for a different
thread.)

While Marc has probably convinced most of us that the colon syntax would
be the correct way of doing things, I do think that this is a rather
academic "correct".

The important question is what the gtk2-perl-xs users expect.  I doubt
that the function <-> method distinction is relevant to them.  For all
they know and learned from Gtk and Gtk2, all calls to things in this
module use the arrow syntax.

So, in this case, I think consistency weighs way more than correctness.

Bye,
-Torsten