Re: Making RPMS

Jim Donoghue said:
How do I make RPMs from the source? I'd like to make a set of RPMs for
Mandrake 9.2. I see targets for 'dist', 'dist-rpms' etc.. but can't get
it to build. Is there a certain order these have to be done? There's no
document for building/installing that I can find after I untar the
source.

make dist-rpms 'should' work. for me to help you as to why it's not you'd have
to provide me with more information, logs of it failing etc. i no longer use
that method to build things as i've started using a build system called mach
that works really well for our needs. there's a target called dist-srpms that
will build a srpm, you may have better luck with that route. the most likely
cluprit is that you're missing rpm dependancies.

to build rpms from src you have to first make ExtUtils-Depends/PkgConfig then
install those rpms, then build Glib, install it, and finally Gtk2. this is
part of what mach takes care of for you. i don't think mandrake is one of the
available targets with mach at this point.

-rm