Re: GUI interfaces

Hi All,

Thanks for all answers!!

I know that all libraries has its own advantages, but
I would like to know which one is:

- More portable (this is the most important item)
- Easiest to write small GUI
- Has good looking

Regards,

Marcelo

 --- Andrew Pimlott <gtk-perl-list andrew pimlott net>
escreveu: > On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 07:38:05PM +0100,
A.
Pagaltzis wrote:
* Andrew Pimlott
<gtk-perl-list andrew pimlott net> [2004-02-20
07:44]:
I'm really surprised at this opinion.  I think
Tcl is a perfect
botch, but Tk is beautiful, at least for
relatively simple
interfaces.  This elegance carries over well to
Perl/Tk, even
if it is not quite as seamless as in Tcl.  What
don't you like
about it?

Stuff like instatiating a button by calling a
factory method on
its container, instead of calling the button
classes constructuor
and packing it. Passing labels by reference and
changing them by
changing the referee. More stuff like this I can't
remember off
hand, which effectively all makes it really hard
to refactor bits
for generality as you go.

I suppose this is all true, and I wouldn't want to
"scale up" a Tk app.
But these features are all terribly handy when
you're just throwing
together a basic UI.  At least, this is what I
remember from my
experience; I haven't used Perl/Tk in years.

Andrew