API Freeze on 1 Mar '04 (was Re: API Freeze on 16 Feb '04)

On Thursday, February 12, 2004, at 10:23 PM, muppet wrote:

Gtk2-Perl is part of the Official Gnome Bindings Release Set for GNOME 2.6. The bindings release set is approaching an API freeze on 16 Feb 04. See the Gnome Platform Bindings Release Set Rules for more info:
http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/bindings/rules.html

If you have something to say about the Gtk2-Perl API, NOW IS THE TIME.

This is all still true, but the Gnome schedule has slipped by two weeks.

http://lists.gnome.org/archives/language-bindings/2004-February/ msg00020.html

Notice to the Gtk2-Perl community at large:
Please test out the unstable releases, and let us know of anything you think is wrong, could be better, or just plain missing. We cannot alter the existing API after this freeze -- EVER*.

* This is because in order to have a parallel-installable version of a perl module we'd have to change the namespace. We probably won't change namespaces until gtk+ 3.0 => Gtk3.

--
"the ternary operator makes it a bit less ugly."
    -- kaffee