Re: Implementing GInterfaces in Perl

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 08:49, muppet wrote:
With CVS HEAD of Glib and Gtk2 (which will probably become 1.034
tomorrow after i've had some sleep), it is now possible to implement
GInterfaces in Perl code.  This is the last of the Really Big Features
that need to get in before 1.040.

All I can say right now is:  Wow, that's pretty darn cool.  Proper
editable date cell renderer, here I come.

Currently, only Gtk2::CellEditable and Gtk2::TreeModel are implemented.

I think those two are by far the most important ones.  Looking at the
code, it also seems easy enough to wrap new interfaces that they can be
implemented as soon as the need for them arises.

The PREP, CALL and FINISH macros seem universal enough to warrant a new
installed Glib header, don't they?

   examples/customrenderer.pl
      multi-line editable cells in a tree view.

I like the way you make fun of the text cell renderer. :)

Bye,
-Torsten