Re: One more Gnome2::Canvas question -- item->grab() $event_mask

On Monday, February 2, 2004, at 11:12 AM, Mike Mayer wrote:

I'm trying to figure out the proper use of the event_mask field of
item->grab(). I've seen the C values like GDK_POINTER_MOTION_MASK, but I
can't seem to find perl-GTK+ mask values that work. Are they documented
somewhere?

if you're just looking for the values, the Gtk2::enums manpage lists all the enums and flags (with values) for the Gtk2 module.

Gtk2::api explains general guidelines for translating the C names to Perl; for the event masks, you'd have 'pointer-motion-mask' and friends. note that supplying the entire C name as a string ('GDK_POINTER_MOTION_MASK') is also supported.

if, on the other hand, you have all that stuff correct and it doesn't *work*, that's another issue. what are you trying to achieve, and how are you trying to achieve it? have you looked at the canvas demo scripts? (in the source tarball, and in CVS at http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/gtk2-perl/gtk2-perl-xs/ GnomeCanvas/canvas_demo/ .

--
Holy crap, dude, we have kids!
        -- Elysse, six days after giving birth to twins