Re: Installation problem Gtk2

On vr, 2004-10-29 at 14:44, muppet wrote:
On Oct 29, 2004, at 6:48 AM, Wim Weide wrote:

My base system is MDK 10.0

i thought mandrake included gtk2-perl in its default configuration;
they use it for their setup tools.  you should be able to find all the
rpms you need in the cooker.

I use a downloadable version (3 CD's). I installed MDK10 from scratch
with all de libs that I could found, but the result is the same.
Compilation seems to be OK, but testing is NOT.

I was looking for a depency list for testing a compiled perl module, but
could not find it. Does this thought make any sense?

Further I tried with Fedora Core 2. This gives me the same result:
compilation OK, but testing NOT. Allthough the number of failed tests
is less compared to MDK.

Is there a downloadable distribution that can be seen as a good starting
point for getting Gtk2-perl to a good end.

I tried the following force install, but this gave no different result.
"perl -MCPAN -e 'force install ..."

i'm not sure why you installed gtk+ from source; mandrake ships with
gtk+, all you needed to install was the -devel packages (to get the
headers and pkg-config files).  were you trying to get a newer version
or something?
Yep

Compiling of the Gtk2 was Ok, but during the testphase the it stops.
(see attachment)

it looks to me like your base system has chosen a theme that your
custom-installed version of gtk+ cannot find, and your config files are
telling the custom version to use it.  then when it tries to go do
actual drawing (the theme engine's responsibility), it doesn't work.

can you get your custom gtk+'s gtk-demo to work?  are you sure the
problem is with the bindings?
This is a bit difficult for me now, I need to reed some more to be able
to understand:(

Wim

--
Examples really shouldn't include unexploded ordnance.
   -- Joe Smith, referring to an example program i wrote.