Re: Gtk2::Image Loading a png from scalar

If these libraries can create uncompressed image data, then you can
create an image without going to disk through the
Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf->new_from_data function. I'm using it e.g. to
directly display piddles (Perl Data Language structures). Here
is what I do:

    my($w,$h) = ($rgb->dims)[1,2];
    $rgb->make_physical;
    my $img = Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf->new_from_data(${$rgb->get_dataref},
                                              "rgb",
                                              0, 8,

The $rgb->get_dataref call returns (a reference to) a scalar
containing the RGB values.

The pixbuf is then easily placed in an Gtk::Image .

There doesn't seem to be a way of doing the same with compressed
png data though...

Regards,
Dov