ParseXS, XS development.
- From: Ross McFarland <rwmcfa1 neces com>
- To: Gtk-Perl-List <gtk-perl-list gnome org>
- Subject: ParseXS, XS development.
- Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:56:09 -0400
For those of you developing with XS, you might want to update,
especially if you're working on Gtk2-Perl, but i leave that up to you
(at your own risk) cpan is probably the best way to go about it.
see the Changes for why (top two):
2.05 Mon Sep 29 10:33:39 CDT 2003
- We no longer trim the directory portions from the "#line " comments
in the generated C code. This helps cooperation with many editors'
auto-jump-to-error stuff. [Ross McFarland]
- In some cases the PERL_UNUSED_VAR macro is needed to get rid of C
compile-time warnings in generated code. Since this eliminates so
many warnings, turning on "-Wall -W" (or your platform's
equivalent) can once again be helpful. [Ross McFarland]
- Did a huge amount of variable-scoping cleanup, and it *still*
doesn't compile under 'use strict;'. Much progress was made
though, and many scoping issues were fixed.
if you have an xs project that has problems due to these changes let me
(and/or the maintainer know) you probably shouldn't unless you're doing
pretty funky things to work around the above problems in the first place.
1.0 is coming soon (hopefully.)
] [Thread Prev