1.00rc3 releases

rundown of the news for this week:

Glib 1.00rc3 license updates and minor tweaks
Gtk2 1.00rc3 some big bugfixes and some little ones
Gtk2::GladeXML 0.92 0.90 tweaked to use ExtUtils::PkgConfig
Gnome2::Canvas 0.32 0.30 tweaked to use ExtUtils::PkgConfig
Gnome2 0.36 new maintainer and major upgrades
Gtk2::TrayIcon [not yet] new module

The releases are available on the sourceforge download page. You know the drill: download, use, report any bugs, lather, rinse, repeat.

Ross went through all the modules in cvs earlier in the week and updated the license notifications to LGPL 2.1. We had some that said GPL in some places and LGPL in others, so this was a cleanup and unification move.

Very little else changed in Glib this week, just some minor tweaks.

At the 11th hour, Bruno pointed out some peeling paint around Gtk2::Clipboard, and it turns out that it was pretty much broken underneath. I've fixed that, and added some important missing features, and a test. It should work now, please test it out!

Gtk2 also got some missing methods in widget and other cleanup, mostly esoteric stuff.

GladeXML and Canvas got new releases on monday, since i missed them last week; the only changes have to do with ExtUtils::PkgConfig versus Glib::PkgConfig.

Christian Borup added his Gtk2::TrayIcon module to CVS. I didn't post a release, as he says he'd like to update the docs first. (Good man. :-)

On the subject of good men, Torsten stepped up and took over maintainership of Gnome2. This week's release, 0.36, bears the fruits of his labors for the last couple of weeks --- implementing tons and tons of features and adding an entire test suite. Three cheers for kaffee!

and with that, i'm off to bed.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>