Re: rows_reordered signal trouble?

Jeff Mock said:
I don't seem to be able to get a rows_reordered signal from a
Gtk2::ListStore.

I have a Gtk2::SimpleList and I would like to recalculate values
for a particular column if the user reorders the rows of the list.
I do something like:

   # $slist is a Gtk2::SimpleList
   my $model = $slist->get_model();    # $model is a Gtk2::ListStore
   $model->signal_connect(rows_reordered => sub { print "Woohoo\n"; });

I never seem to get a rows_reordered signal when rows are reordered
in the list.  I get row_changed and row_inserted, but not
rows_reordered. Gtk2::ListStore implements Gtk2::TreeModel, so I
think I should get this signal.  Does anyone know what's going on?

Please be gentle, I'm kind of an idiot.

unless i've lost my mind and i'm remember things wrong i recall a discussion
about this a few weeks (months) back that was basically resolved as that
signal is not emited by gtk+. that is they have and document the signal, but
nowhere in all of the gtk+ (c code) do the emit it. you may be able to look
back over the mailing list archives to find the thread but i don't know if
anyone ever posted a workaround. if anyone knows of anything this seems to be
a good entry for the faq. there will probably be something about the problem
in there, it would be nice to have something about a work-around. please share
if you got one...

later,
-rm