Re: defaulting to new_with_mnemonic sucks

"Ross McFarland" <rwmcfa1 neces com> writes:

[...]

the new_with_label variants are always available and in such cases should be
used for clarities sake anyway. the new('string') is just a convince. if you
want something particular to happen there's nothing keeping you from using the
new_with_label('string') or new_with_mnemonic('string') for that matter.

Of course! That's what we do (hum do you think we're *that*
dumb?).

the question was asked long long ago (when gtk2-perl-xs was first being worked
on) and the list didn't raise objections and/or thought it was a good idea.

Ouch.

mainly it was to encourage the use of mnemonics and it didn't in any way
prevent you from doing anything you could of otherwise. the overloaded new's
have a well defined, documented and adhered to behavior, that doesn't suck.

Ok.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/