Re: Re: a question about entry

Chas Owens said:
Quoting ken <x t hua 163 com>:
would you like to tell me where you find the examples?
giving fishing is better than giving the fish.

I originaly learned from

http://personal.riverusers.com/~swilhelm/gtkperl-tutorial/

does anyone know the author of that tutorial to ask if there are any plans to
create one for gtk2-perl. or is anyone interested in converting the gtk2
tutorial(s) to gtk2-perl. or something of that nature.

but unfortunatly that is only Gtk (not Gtk2).  Now I use the Gtk2 and Gnome2
references at

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/

translating from C to Perl using Gtk2::api (also available at

http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc/Gtk2::api.pod.html

my personal favorite page is the widget hierarchy:
  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/ch01.html

).  That is sort of a lie though since I really just do what I expect to work
from my experience with Gtk and only lookup those things I don't remember or
that don't work the way I expect them to (like the functions that have been
moved down a layer to Glib from Gtk).

that's why experience counts for something...

the gtk2-perl doc page has links to lots of useful stuff:
  http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc/

for a very rudametrary introduction see
  http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc/intro/

-rm