Re: debian packaging

The debian/ subdir in upstream is very useful for some (like me -
although I took the liberty of using "some" in plural ;-) who normally
install the homemade debs of the latest versions, but not running sid.

      Anuradha

There will be only one file more to download instead of one. Nothing
will prevent you of doing that. The requirement is that the debian/
subdir get out of the main archive, it won't disappear per se.

You can configure your debian system by specifying another source
registry pointing to sid.

Wolfgang