Re: Buglet when building Gtk-perl from cvs

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:57:42 -0500, muppet wrote:
On Tuesday, November 18, 2003, at 05:25 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:

On 17 Nov 2003 08:01:48 -0500, muppet wrote:
heh, yeah, that got committed to the wrong branch by accident; i
couldn't remember if branching sets the sticky tag in your working
copy.  answer: it doesn't.

It does if you tell it to. "cvs update -r $branch" makes the tags
sticky. The same applies to "checkout", too.

yes, but "cvs tag -b $branch" does not offer such an option -- you must
update to get the sticky tag, because tag works on the repository.
that's what bit me.

I'm sure the designers considered such functionality, and decided it wasn't
necessary. Surely more devlopers create a branch and carry on working on the
original branch than immediately start using the new branch? I mean, that's
only sensible, right? :-)

i would love to be told (accurately :-) that's not true...

I wish it made sense, too.

--
        Peter Haworth   pmh edison ioppublishing com
"Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays),