Fwd: Gtk2-perl works on windoze

----- Forwarded message from Carlos Reis <clr_micro users sourceforge net> -----

To: gthyni users sourceforge net
Subject: Gtk2-perl works on windoze !
From: Carlos Reis <clr_micro users sourceforge net>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 11:40:27 -0700

Hello

I don't know if you are interested in this but I manged to get it
working on Windows. It was a lame hack but I wanted to
share it with you guys the developers.

1. Compiled the gtk2-perl-xs on Linux. The same with glib2-
perl.

2. Copied the build directories to my Windows.

3. Using the BloodShed Dev-C++ I compiled the *.c in the xs
directory into a dll. (well one for Glib the other for Gtk2). Note
that this IDE uses the mingw compiler and has the Gtk2
package (headers and librarys) available.

4. Placed the dlls where the *.so are in the blib.

5. perl -Mblib main.pl in the examples and it works :) And I
have a nice screenshot to prove it!

6. Oh the perl is 5.8 activestate.

Congratulations,
your gtk2-perl is awsome.