Re: Gtk2-Perl questions...

already done in the gtk2-perl-xs tree.  see the sourceforge releases page, i
just released Glib-Perl-0.20 ---- exactly what you want.

Excellent...

if you want help getting started on a binding, just email me off-list.  i'll
compile our discussions for a good document, rather than just spam the list.

Brilliant, I'll keep that in mind.  I've done some binding work in the
past, but this is definitely the largest of its kind I've attempted.
Should be fun! :)

for your own sanity, don't do it!

after having tried to work in a sensible way with the Inline stuff, i
discovered the contrary -- that XS is far cleaner.   i wrote quite a lot about
this exact issue when i posted the original bit of code justifying the switch;
you can find the original document at

   http://asofyet.org/muppet/software/gtk2-perl/new-gtk2-perl.html

and a slightly updated one in CVS.

Cool... I've started reading it already; looks interesting.

using perl 5.8.0, many XS definitions can be simply C prototypes.  aside from
that, we have some tools to create a first pass of bindings, and there's
plenty of example code.  trust me, you'll save a lot of time going with XS.

Alrighty, I guess I'll go that route.  On the bright side, this also means
I don't have to learn a new C embedding methodology. :)

Brett.