Re: Widget help needed...

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 09:57, Bruno Tavares wrote:
Now i have another problem. The widget that i'm monitoring is enclosed
in an object, so i need to make the alarm available only to this object
scope. I dont know how to do this since the Gtk wheel is global.

given the way that perl scoping works and the fact that you can pass an
arbitrary scalar to the callbacks, i don't understand you mean.

Yet another question, i need an event that tells me that thar widget is
no longer visible so i can remove the alarm, any one recomended??

map-event is sent when the widget is mapped, and unmap-event is sent
when the widget is unmapped -- or basically when it's taken off the
screen.

you can store the id returned from Glib::Timeout->add in the map-event
handler to pass to Glib::Source->remove in the unmap-event handler.

can you give any more context on what it is that you're trying to do?

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>