Re: beta release of gtk2-perl-xs, please try it out

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 12:16:13AM -0500, Peter Samuelson wrote:

[René Seindal]
Glib-0.20/Makefile.PL required perl 5.8, and
Debian testing has 5.6, so I can't try it out.

Check again - 5.8.0-17 just got into testing. (:

Something is happening, that's certain, but unfortunately an update will
uninstall apache-perl, so I have to wait until that's solved.  I need my
mod_perl web server more than gtk2-perl, since that is my work.

I'll put apache-perl on hold and try to update, but that will probably
block something that is needed for gtk2-perl-xs.  We'll see.

The gtk2-perl-xs tarballs seem to install OK - except the gnome2 one,
since 'libgnome2-0' isn't in testing yet.  I haven't actually tried
*using* Gtk2.pm yet, of course.

Peter

--
René Seindal (rene seindal dk)                  http://sights.seindal.dk/