Re: beta release of gtk2-perl-xs, please try it out

one of the primary reasons is the lack of utf8 support. it seems like
there was something else pretty big that didn't/doesn't work pre 5.8.0,
but off the top of my head i can't come up with what it was.

if you desire remove the the line that requires 5.8.0 and see what
happens when you build and run. i'm pretty sure that it won't build, but
that doesn't mean that it couldn't be modified so that it could. i
actually don't have access to a pre 5.8.0 system to try things out on.

-rm