How to load a image file(tiff,png,etc) into a Gtk::Image?

Hello,

Using Perl I am trying to load a image from a tiff file into a Gtk::Image. Although I can not seem to find any way of reading the tiff
file into a Gtk::Gdk::Image to pass to the Gtk::Image->set method.
Does anyone have a very simple example or pointers to documentation
of how to go to/from a graphics file(tiff,png,etc) to a Gtk::Image?

Later I will need to go from a GD::Graph images to a Gtk::Image.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,

Fred