Re: [BUG] one cannot add widgets to notebooks (regression against gtk2-perl)

Goran Thyni <goran kirra net> writes:

the second argument, tab_label, must be a widget (usually a
GtkLabel, but also a GtkHBox containing a label and a button), but
you're passing a string, which is not a widget.

I think this is a perfect example where we should try to be
"perlish".
The old gtk2-perl wrapped this and automagically created the Label
widget if you passed in a string.

we may want to alter the type checking system to automatically create
the Gtk2::Label if passed a gchar*.

we may also not. i've no problem in doing this in an upper layer in
drakxtools (namely ugtk2.pm)