Re: Gtk2: make install doesn't work

Jörn,

I suspect Makefile.PL/MANIFEST etc needs updating,
it quickly break between releases. Usually you see the
errors if you do a "make dist"and then use the produced
container to do a clean "make && make test && make install"
regards,
göran
Jörn Reder writes:

Hi, I'm using the Gtk2 CVS repository, with Debian sid and Inline 0.44-2. Until now I ommitted "make install" and added a correspondent library path to my app. Today I tried "make install", but with no success. According to the INSTALL file, I executed "perl Makefile.PL && make && make install".
First, only Gtk2.so is installed, no .pm files. I found the shell script
"build-blib.sh" which copies the .pm files to blib/. Then, "make install" installes the .pm's. But it still doesn't work:
  % perl
use Gtk2;
  Inline assumes 'Gtk2/src/Gtk2.c' is a filename, and that file does not exist.
  at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.0/Gtk2/_config.pm line 53
  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.0/Gtk2/_config.pm line 53.
        ...propagated at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.0/Gtk2/Gtk2.pm line 13.
  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.0/Gtk2/Gtk2.pm line 13.
        ...propagated at /usr/share/perl/5.8.0/base.pm line 20.
  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.0/Gtk2.pm line 15.
  Compilation failed in require at - line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at - line 1. In the build directory it works, make test doesn't report any problem. What I'm doing wrong? Another issue regarding the build process: first I did a "cvs update" and executed "perl Makefile.PL && make && make test". Some files were compiled, most non-changed versions not (which is good, because compilation take a lot of time ;). But "make test" complained about some internal version mismatches (sorry can't remember the error messages more exactly), so need to use a fresh checkout. What's the best way to rebuild Gtk2 after a "cvs update" without compiling the whole stuff again? Thanks, Joern