From Monika Schilling Tue Aug 19 00:03:14 2003
De: "Monika Schilling" <ms mschilling com>
À: "Pascal" <evilynux yahoo com>
Objet: Re: Problems setting up MoviXMaker
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:03:14 +0200

Hi Pascal,

I encountered the first problem installing Gtk2-Perl on SuSE:
So I am again at a point where I ask for your support.

I'm glad you ask since you're started in the wrong direction.
the packages you need to download :

I am puzzled that I run in the wrong direction.

ExtUtils-Depends-0.103.tar.gz
- http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gtk2-perl/ExtUtils-Depends-0.103.tar.gz?download

Glib-0.94.tar.gz
- http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gtk2-perl/Glib-0.94.tar.gz?download

Gnome2-0.30.tar.gz
- http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gtk2-perl/Gnome2-0.30.tar.gz?download

Gtk2-0.94.tar.gz
- http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gtk2-perl/Gtk2-0.94.tar.gz?download

Gtk2-GladeXML-0.90.tar.gz
- http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gtk2-perl/Gtk2-GladeXML-0.90.tar.gz?download

Install them in the same order i listed them, meaning ExtUtils-Depends, Glib, Gnome2, etc.
of course, install using a similar command (as root) :

`perl MakeFile.PL && make && make test && make install`

I had no problems downloading but ...

You'll most probably need the gtk2-dev and gnome2-dev packages... you'll see, if comething
goes
wrong, anyway...

  ms vx:~/pers/prg/gtk2-perl/Glib-0.94> perl Makefile.PL
  *** can not find package gobject-2.0
  *** check that it is properly installed and available in PKG_CONFIG_PATH
   at Makefile.PL line 16
  ms vx:~/pers/prg/gtk2-perl/Glib-0.94>

It looks like you are right. gtk2-devel-2.2.1 is included in SuSE, so installing it via the
system configuration program Yast2 was easy. But there is not gnome2-dev or similar package. I
browsed at gnome.org and got lost in space.

Help!

Monika