Re: Porting Perl-Gtk2/Gnome2/Glade2 app to Win32
- From: Gavin Brown <gavin brown uk com>
- To: Joerg Mueller <jfm ram-brand de>
- Cc: gtk-perl-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Porting Perl-Gtk2/Gnome2/Glade2 app to Win32
- Date: 19 Aug 2003 11:49:15 +0100
I've built a nice little app with Glade2, libxml2 and the Perl Gtk2/Gnome2 modules.
Are there any Win32 installers that contain runtime binaries (GTK+2 libs, Gnome2 libs) aka dlls for Windows.
Or do I really need to compile everything myself? I hope not to need Cygwin.
Gtk+ is already ported to Win32 and is available from
I have heard that it is possible to compile the GNOME libraries on
Windows, it's a very nontrivial process, and I think that if you really
want a cross-platform Gtk+ application you should to stick to pure Gtk+.
I am currently working on a Win32 binary distribution of Gtk2-Perl, with
the assistance of muppet. It'll be ready Real Soon Now (honest).
e: gavin brown uk com
PGP/GPG key ID: 891D8FCA
] [Thread Prev