Re: how to set color on GtkButton?

-- muppet <scott asofyet org> wrote

Matthew Weier OPhinney said:
I've created a button that, when clicked, springs open a
GtkColorSelectionDialog. What I'd like to do is display the color on the
button, and update the color with the value returned by the dialog.

<snip gnome colorpicker stuff>

if you can't (e.g., you can't depend on Gnome2), then...

Yeah, I'd prefer to keep it straight gtk2; it's for use with ROX-Filer,
which is GTK2-based and intended as an alternative to Gnome.

i hacked up a quick test app using Gtk and $widget->modify_bg, as you
mentioned.  it seems to work fine.

Hmmm... I saved the mail and removed everything before and after, and
indeed it executes fine... problem is that it *doesn't* change the
button color. I'm wondering if it's an issue with my install. I'll keep
plunking away on it and see if I figure it out; it definitely seems like
I'm on the right track -- and your solution is more in line of how I
want to do it (I actually wanted just a color square on the button, not
the whole button that color). I'll report back to the list if/when I
get it working.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
http://weierophinney.net/matthew/