Re: dialog close signal and hiding dialog...

-- muppet <scott asofyet org> wrote
(on Tuesday, 12 August 2003, 09:12 PM -0400):

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 08:22  PM, Ross McFarland wrote:

in most cases you should not have any signals connected to your dialog.
that's the beauty and purpose of it. if you're connecting your own
signals then you're probably not using it as it was intended.

that is not true at all.  the GtkDialog is designed for both modal and
modeless use.  for modal use, the $dialog->run interaction is the
simplest.  for modeless use, connecting to the response event is the
only way to do it, because gtk_dialog_run makes the window modal!

Okay, that explains the differences I was seeing with how the ROX-Lib2
author is creating dialogs and how the tutorials and demos show how to
do them -- difference between modal and modeless. In this case, I'm
utilizing $dialog->show and connecting to the response events -- thus,
modeless. Using the delete-event trick in another post fixes my
problems.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
http://weierophinney.net/matthew/