various Gtk2 enumerations -- how to access?

I'm translating a pygtk2 app to gtk2-perl, and I'm having some
difficulties with some of the standard enumerations -- mainly, how to
access them.

Among the ones I'm trying are those in GtkPolicyType and GtkShadowType.
I've tried accessing them as:

    Gtk2->SHADOW_IN
    Gtk2->POLICY_NEVER

but this doesn't work -- I get errors like the following:

    Can't locate auto/Gtk2/SHADOW_IN.al in @INC

Do I need to do something like:

    my $gtk = Gtk2->new;

and access them with:

    $gtk->SHADOW_IN

or should I simply supply the equivalents that are returned by these
functions (for instance, in Gtk2/Gtk2.pm, SHADOW_IN returns 'in')?

Thanks!

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
http://weierophinney.net/matthew/