Re: gtk2-perl-xs viewport with null adjustments?

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 21:01, Steven Usdansky wrote:
Is there a Gtk2::Perl equivalent of the C-statement
     my_viewport = gtk_viewport_new (NULL, NULL);
The old Gtk-Perl tutorial is a bit light on the subject of viewports, the
perl-gtk-ref.pdf says that the parameters may be undef, but I can't for the
life of me figure out what to put in the parentheses, and
     my $my_viewport =Gtk2::Viewport();
aborts with the message
     variable is not of type Gtk2::Adjustment at ./ip_viewer.pl line 35

in general, undef is to be substituted for NULL.  as ross pointed out,
there are many places in the code where the bindings do not allow undef
to pass, where it might be quite allowable.  in general, undef is bad,
so we have to allow it explicitly.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>