Re: gtk2-perl CVS 20021017

Dermot Musgrove <dermot glade perl connectfree co uk> writes:

[...]

2) The old perl way of connecting signals allowed for multiple items
of data to be passed as args after the callback arg. I don't know how
it works but the effect is that the args to the callback can be got by:
  my ($widget, @data) = @_;

If the callback is for an event, the event structurea is added at the
end so a signal handler could get the args eg:
  my ($class, $data1, $data2, $data3, $event) = @_;

depending on how the signal was connected. I am not sure what the best
answer is - I remember some threads on the gtk-perl list ages ago.

I guess that it might be simplest to insist that all data is passed in
an anonymous array/hash so that only a ref is passed - which is what
happens already I guess :)

I'd favor the only-one-scalar version: it's cleaner and probably
less error prone.

3) I have written (and attached) a Gtk2::Test module and a script that
will generate test scripts for each widget mentioned in the gtk2 docs.
These scripts can be extended as methods are added. I guess that if you
want to use them it would be best to add them to the t/ directory after
the widgets are added.

Good! The more automatic tests we have, the best it is. How do
you think it may integrate with my previous mail about automatic
tests?

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/