Re: New snapshot

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 08:00:16AM +0200, Jens Luedicke wrote:
Yes, a changelog would be good.

OK, will try to get one going.

Is it possible to compile all Widget sources into one library
with Inline?

Dunno, check http://inline.perl.org/
At this stage I don't care since it is early days in the dev cycle.

But since Inline generates XS you could always do a Makefile-hack
and some filtering it to get the structure you like.
In case Inline becomes a cul-de-sac it is as easy as:

bash# perl -MInline=NOCLEAN <new include all modules>.pl
bash# mkdir xs; for i in `find _Inline -name '*.xs'`; do cp $i xs; done

and hack away on XS.

Because of this I think the "Inline vs XS" discussion is useless.
Inline gives you a lot for free and does not lock you in,
just use it.

regards,
--
Göran