Re: gtk2-perl / arguments of callbacks

Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

While I can understand that, I think that this is examining the
problem the wrong way round, because not all signals have one or
zero argument: some have more. And anyway the callback do have to
know for which signal it's running if it wants to correctly
interpret the first arg (the object type) and the arguments
(which event type? which type of parameter for signal?), and
moreover, what to do! :) Basically, this is just gonna cause more
problems for our users that it solves, in my opinion.

I fully aggree here and would vote for returning to the old parameter
order. It's more logical *and* more compatible to Gtk+, and I can't see
a good point, why not doing it ;)

Regards,

Joern

--