Re: Problem updating DrawingArea

Hi all,

I'm updating some text on a drawing area using draw_string and a
timeout. This works fine except the drawing area flickers every few
seconds during the update. I believe this is caused by redrawing the
rectangle (draw_rectangle) every time my timeout is called. How can I
avoid this flickering, or more specifically, how can avoid having to
redraw the drawing area while updating the text on it.

Below is an example program that displays this problem.

There is a standard way of implementing such things (see attachment).
Unfortunately on my system your code works without flicking and
I could not see the difference between two versions so you have
to do it yourself. Please inform me about results.

Best regards
Pavel.