Re: Writing a Perl GNOME Panel Applet

On Sat, 2002-06-29 at 19:26, Tom Cross wrote:
I'm trying to make a little panel applet using Ximian's Gtk-Perl
package.  However I'm not sure if it includes support for Panel Applet's
or not.  I can't get it to initialize.  I've tried:

Here's a small but nontrivial example that I have *mostly* working.
The code should be clean enough you can ignore the parts you don't want
and make your own stuff.  Note it needs some icon files in the
appropriate place.  Read the code to set that up.

The only serious flaw here may be my fault or may not-- it won't reload
properly when I log out and then log back in.

What I would really like is for someone to help me make the panel applet
draw using the full alpha capability of pixbuf, instead of the crappy
thresholded pixmap methods.  I've tried reading through Red Hat's pygtk
rhn_applet code, but they've over-complicated it for fading animations.

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]