Creating a pixmap from PNG data?

(sorry if this appears twice, I had some issues with my mailer..)

Hi,

in my app I use the GD module to create a chart. I can get the chart
as PNG data from the module, and I'd like to put this in a GtkPixmap
widget. However I can't find a function that will create the pixmap
data from PNG data. There are lots of functions to create pixmaps from
files, so currently I use the following ugly workaround:

  my $f = "/tmp/$$.png";
  open FILE, ">$f";
  print FILE $plot->png; # Save PNG data
  close FILE;
  my $png = Gtk::Gdk::ImlibImage->load_image($f);
  unlink $f;

  $png->render($w, $h);
  $pixmap->set($png->copy_image, $png->copy_mask);
  $png->kill_image();

Surely there must be another way to do it? I saw a function called
inlined_png_from_data or something similar in imlib, but it didn't work
when I tried it (got errors about a missing inlined.al in the GtkPerl
installation).

/Hacker