Re: CList, how to append a widget, not text?

Tom Jennings wrote:
Q: Is there a way to append a widget to a CList (prepend, insert, etc)
Q: instead of just columnar text? I RTFM'd for an hour with no luck.

So I guess the answer is no :-) I know of those functions, it
just seemed that having a widget in a CList cell would be *so*
useful...

Ahh, "in a cell", now that is an entirely different question. I do not believe that this is possible. I've tried, but I have not found a workaround to the unimplemented part.

I thought you wanted to keep the wideget (data) with the text (or 'empty' -- not text) items. I have used this so clicking on the text performs some action in a related widget (or shows it or whatever).

Alas, RTFM again this morning (from
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gtk/gtkclist.html#GTKCELLTYPE
note last line):

QUOTE

enum GtkCellType

typedef enum
{
  GTK_CELL_EMPTY,
  GTK_CELL_TEXT,
  GTK_CELL_PIXMAP,
  GTK_CELL_PIXTEXT,
  GTK_CELL_WIDGET
} GtkCellType;

Identifies the type of element in the current cell of the
CList. Cells can contain text, pixmaps, or both.
Unfortunately support for GTK_CELL_WIDGET was never completed.

END QUOTE

Yeah, bummer.

--john

--