Pixmaps on "stock" items not visible when app is run

Gentle gtk-perl folks,

I'm not sure if this is a gtk-perl question, a glade question or a
glade2perl question, but any pointers would be appreciated.

The probelem is that, when using glade (0.6.4) on an (aggressively
maintained) Mandrake 8.1, glade-perl (0.61) my "stock" widgets (such as
an "OK" button) are decorated with the usual pixmaps.

When I generate and run my app, no such luck -- no pixmaps in any
"stock" items.

I'm sure it's just an environment variable or something somewhere, but
I've had a look around and nothing leaps out at me as potentially
causing the problem.  Any pointers?

Thanks.

Regards,

Mike