still event_new() segfault problems

Hi,

I wrote a gtk-perl script that sends an event to all
running applications such that they re-read the gtkrc
file, in case this has changed. On my computer this works
fine, but I'm still getting reports from users who have
a 'segfault' when they run the script. eg:

I tried your desktop but I failed to start it.. I installed your
recommended stuff (fvwm2-2.5.3/140802 the latest) Gtk-perl-7008, gnome
1.2 and 1.4 are installed. If I try to invoke cdemu under X or try to
start with startx and a .xinitrc with single line "exec cdemu --start" I
got always:

"my" variable $item masks earlier declaration in same scope at
/usr/local/bin/cdemu line 3163.
Name "main::panel_launchers" used only once: possible typo at
/usr/local/bin/cdemu line 3936.
Segmentation fault

chrad hrz tu-chemnitz de

I extracted the
offending lines of code in the little test script below.
Has anyone got any idea what could be wrong?

jos

---test-----------------------------------------

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use Gtk;
use Gtk::Gdk::ImlibImage;
use Gtk::Gdk::Pixbuf;
init Gtk;

my $EVENT="";
$EVENT=Gtk::Gdk->event_new();
$EVENT->{'send_event'}=1;
$EVENT->{'button'}=3;
$EVENT->{'type'}="client-event";
$EVENT->{'message_type'}=Gtk::Gdk::Atom->intern("_GTK_READ_RCFILES",0);
$EVENT->{'data_format'}=8;
$EVENT->{'data'}=0;
$EVENT->{'window'}=undef;

sub gtkrc_refresh {
Gtk::Gdk->event_send_clientmessage_toall ($EVENT);
}

gtkrc_refresh();