Re: pb mixing POE and Gtk::GladeXML

Chas, thank you for your answer.
At least I learn that I am not the only one to hit this specific
problem.

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 11:38:02AM -0400, Chas Owens wrote:
On Sun, 2002-04-28 at 13:15, Stéphane Payrard wrote:

I have a program that reads XML written by glade to build his GUI.
When I uncomment POE, I get errors.
Does anyone knwo how to mix  POE and Gtk::GladeXML?
I will try to generate with glade a GtkApp instead of a GnomeApp.

I has problems using POE and Gnome together and eventually gave up
because I found a work around that didn't require POE or threads.  What
are you trying to solve with POE?

This is part of an ongoing port of TeXmacs to gtk and perl.
I want to eventually make the typesetting canvas a gtk
widget and control everything using POE. This very ambitious because
I am new too gtk-perl and POE.

If you are curious, for more info on TeXmacs and this port, see:
www.texmacs.org, http://www.alqua.com/tmresources/port%20to%20perl-gtk

I wanted POE to keep tight loops of
code from blocking the rest of the application.  My solution was to
include the following line inside the loop:

Gtk->main_iteration while (Gtk->events_pending);

--
 Stéphane