Removing a pixmap from a Gtk::CtreeNode

Hi,

I am wondering how does a a pixmap works inside a node/row in a Gtk::CTree
(or Gtk::CList) and what's the best way to remove/clean it.

AFAIK (please correct me if I am wrong), a Gtk::Gdk::Pixmap is the pixmap stored
in the X11 server itself and a Gtk::Pixmap is a widget which can be used to display
a Gtk::Gdk::Pixmap.

To add a pixmap in the 2nd column of a Gtk::CTreeNode I use:
$ctree->node_set_pixmap( $node, 1, $gtk_gdk_pixmap, $mask);

Now when I retrieve it to destroy() it I use:

($pixmap, $mask) = $ctree->node_get_pixmap( $node, 1);

However $pixmap is a Gtk::Gdk::Pixmap and not a Gtk::Pixmap,
which means that I can't destroy() it.

So, I ask: Did the Gtk::CTreeNode create and Gtk::Pixmap, when I inserted it?
If so, how can I retrieve it (to destroy and free memory) ?

If not, how does it work?  how can I clean the column (cell) ?

Right now I am using $ctree->node_set_text ( '', 1);
However knowing gtk+, I would suppose it creates a label (empty) to place in there.

So,  what am I missing here?

Regards,

Raul Dias