Gnome::App->create_menus() not inserting widget info

I'm creating a set of menus and toolbars the easy way with the
create_menus and create_toolbar functions of Gnome::App.

I create an array like :

@main_toolbar = (
   {
        type => 'item',
        label => 'Quit',
        pixmap_type => 'filename',
        pixmap_info => 'pics/quit.xpm',
        hint => "Click here to quit",
        callback => sub \&my_function,
   }
);

and then call :

$app->create_toolbar(@main_toolbar);

Almost everything looks perfect.  The problem I am encountering is that
create_menus in the C code is supposed to put into the 11th field of GnomeUIInfo
a pointer to the GtkWidget that is the menuitem.  I can't seem to reference this
info, either it is not placed into the hash above when create_toolbar is called
or it is placed with a key that I can't find.

Is there any hope of this working or should I go back to creating the menus
the "hard" way?

Andrew Schretter
Systems Programmer, Duke University
Dept. of Mathematics (919) 660-2866